Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring

It's just a sequel...

Invincible: Piercing the Veil, Book 2 - C.A. Gray

Invincible (book #2 in C A Gray's Piercing the veil series) continues the story just a couple of days after book one ends.

My review of Intangible likened it quite strongly to Harry Potter. I found a number of similarities in this book too, but not as many as book one.

The first 50% of the book was slow. Little happens that I felt was pertinent to the story, outside for building the emotional roller coaster ride of budding love.

I liked Eustace. I feel he might become a more important part of the story later. I didn't feel any sort of connection to Peter, Lily or Brock. Cole's character was a bit more of a pussy this time too, which annoyed me. I would like to see him develop into a braver character.

Ultimately, this read like a sequel. Most sequels don’t have a good reason to exist outside of commercial interests and the continued storyline is usually just tacked on after the fact, if not a complete rehash. It certainly wasn't as good as the first, it was filled with attempted character development and a whole lot of fluff.

The conclusion of the series could be spectacular, but I'm probably not likely to get to it anytime soon.

description