Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring

Puppy Love of an episode of Real Housewives of Orange County?

Puppy Love - Ana Vincent

Puppy Love is an interesting tale. Kirra is our female protagonist who took in stray dog, Phil 12 months prior. She's living in a little country area in her parents old place and takes in injured wildlife. She's a nature sprite type, independent and strong willed and repairing her heart after a bad relationship.

Enter, Brock, our male love interest. He plays two parts in this story - the amazingly handsome sex-god who Kirra wants to jump into bed with, and the villain.

He's the head of the corporation who's trying to buy her land and develop the local area for a hotel/resort. Brock was an interesting character, I liked the different look at what childhood can impart upon our adult ideals.

Brock was frustrating and pig-headed, cold and tactless, yet I liked him.

I could have done without the smoochy baby-talk to Phil, the dog, I felt it smacked of cheesiness and felt overdone. I had images of:

description

Which of course, is at odds to how we're supposed to see Kirra as a character. It didn't fit. Had this weird inconsistancy been rectified, I would have easily given this book a 4-4.5 star rating.

The sexy scenes were racy and steamy, certainly some of the best I've read in a while.

description

After a recent spate of books that needed a bit of editor TLC, this one was a welcome relief!

One thing I noticed:

80% - ...you just blew you(r) pay...

**Note: I was provided an electronic copy of this book in return for an honest review**