Lynxie

Coffee2words

Intisar Khanani's work is top notch and thoroughly engaging.

The Bone Knife: A Short Story - Intisar Khanani

Well, Intisar delivers another great short story.

The Bone Knife hints at a much larger story, one that I am extremely keen to find out more about. The loving, supportive family unit Rae (our protagonist) is brought up in, is a delightful change to the broken homes a lot of new fictional characters are emerging from.

The two sisters are sweet and yet amusingly realistic in their taunting and teasing, but also their actions speak louder than words.

When an 'appallingly attractive faerie' arrives on their doorstep to conduct business with Rae's father, things begin to get interesting.

I loved the duelling dichotomy within the faerie character, the sinister and the alluring all wrapped up within a single package. It hinted at a far greater story in the first book of the 'Theft of Sunlight' series.

If you haven't tried anything by Intisar Khanani, do so today, her work is top notch and thoroughly engaging. I am still yet to read Thorn, but it is on my TBR list already. I look forward to more from this author in the coming years.