Lynxie

Coffee2words

Lord Somerton's Heir is a distinctly deceitful historical romance piece.

Lord Somerton's Heir - Alison  Stuart

Lord Somerton's Heir is a distinctly deceitful historical romance piece. The splendor and opulence of the balls and propriety from the 1800s abounded and danced alluringly with the grit of wartime soldiers.

Sebastian Alder, a soldier, wounded in numerous ways, plays the male lead, alongside Isabel Somerton, the late Lord Somerton's widow.

There is a raft of supporting characters, ranging from Sebastian's siblings, to best friends and war-time buddies, to young stable hands. They create a delightful supporting cast to the romantic dance Isabel and Sebastian take together.

The plot progressed slowly, twists and turns abound, some obvious and others not. The mystery and intrigue within this tale was masterfully weaved into larger and smaller plot and character arcs, and added additional layers of complexity to an otherwise tried-and-true historical romance plot.

An enjoyable romp through the 1800s, Lord Somerton's Heir will take readers on just as much of a journey as Sebastian and Isabel take.