Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring

Queen of Arlin should have been called: Annoying, whiney brat gets saved repeatedly by the cyborg.

Queen of Arlin - T.C. Southwell

Initially, I could understand Tassin's predicament. She's been left by her recently deceased father and must stand as Queen of Arlin, but she's only young (16 or 17) and has few allies to lean upon. This becomes even more dire when the three king's of the adjoining realms long to marry her and gain control of Arlin and all its land and wealth.

None of the three kings are suitable, and Tassin ends up having to flee her kingdom with a magical warrior (aka a cyborg) who has been charged with keeping her safe.

The adventure the two find themselves on, was quite interesting, the twists and turns that they were forced to take made for an intriguing tale. What really let it down for me was the sheer idiocy of Tassin. I hated her. Every time she opened her mouth I wanted to shake her. That the cyborg, Sabre, couldn't harm her was the only reason this book wasn't 50pages long.

Sabre himself was initially a boring character. When things changed and he started to develop a personality, I began to enjoy the story more, but alas, his slight personality was no match for my hatred of all things Tassin.

I felt that Tassin's petulance far outweighed even what the most stubborn of teens are capable of. It was gargantuan in proportion and as such has very firmly put me off picking up any of the next books.

A few things I noticed:
13% - ...great explosion went go(delete go) off in...
16% - A(t) least she was safe...
35% - "I could." And 15 lines below it are tabbed in.
There was another instance of this about 70-80% through.