Lynxie

Coffee2words

Nine short stories that are as distinct and unique as can be.

Riding the Dog - Sybil Rosen

Riding the Dog takes its reader along for a rather intriguing ride. The nine short stories that are lovingly enveloped within the covers of this book are as distinct and unique as can be, but at the same time ring of a realism and honesty that many books fail to deliver.

The characters are viewed, warts and all, with nothing to hide from the reader. The character arcs in each short story are varied and interesting in their own way. Ranging from the recently returned soldier travelling home, to the 90-something year old man who barely has a grasp on reality anymore. These stories speak of tales that may not align with all reader experiences, but still draws them in.

The writing is flawless and depicts striking imagery and characters that truly shine off the page and into reality. And each short story had its own tone and voice of character that felt true to them.

Why this didn't get 5 stars from me, is simply that the stories didn't possess that WOW factor, they were great, but just a little short of perfection for me.

Still a thoroughly enjoyable read, one I would recommend to just about anyone.

**Note: I was provided an electronic copy of this book through the Awesome Indies Reviewer program.**