Lynxie

Coffee2words

The Kure - Jaye Frances The Kure will probably draw in plenty of potential readers by reading the blurb, but the truth is that this story revolves around John and his pustule covered, seeping member and his need for a virgin to put said member into her mouth. The idea is pretty far fetched and if the blurb said that, I am pretty certain the number of readers would be small.

The graphic nature of Jaye's descriptions will make your skin crawl and the bile rise up the back of your throat, you'll likely feel like jumping into a scorchingly hot shower to rid yourself of the filth once you have finished reading too.

I felt like the story wasn't complete, it was fairly unrealistic (even for a fantasy/horror story) and the character reactions weren't right either. There did seem to be a few parts that drew out too long, offering up excessive amounts of detail that probably wasn't needed (the whole blackened hell scene).

Jaye's writing was quite good, there was very strong English used to describe certain things throughout the story. Certainly not for the squeamish or those who have just eaten, but if you dig the whole voodoo, mystism stuff you ought to check this story out.