Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Growing Disenchantments - K.D. Berry Interestingly, K.D. Berry is a pseudonym for Kevin and Diane Berry, but Growing Disenchantments didn't read like it'd been written by two people. The writing was flawless and really encouraged the reader to immerse themselves in the story and travel along with Ragonnard and Ganfrey.

Desquartz was my absolute favourite character (I've always liked the brainy guys - Donatello from TMNT and Beast from X-Men!) So Desquartz, the very philsophical reanimated gargoyle, who tags along for the blundery ride of ridding the castle and realm of the evil sorceror, Syranax, just really added the chocolate frosting to the already awesomely rich and delictable delight that is Growing Disenchantments.

As other reviews have said, the writing style was fun, well paced and humourous. I had many instances of laughing, smirking and all out giggling at some of the antics of the characters.

Being a bit of a logophile and someone who simply adores plays on words, this book was a real treat, with all the witty words and puns. I have actually recommended this book to a couple of friends who also love writing/reading and all things language related. I think they'll enjoy it as much as I did.

Being of suitable content for just about any age, this book is really a true all rounder. It would easily be suitable and enjoyable for a young child (8-10yrs) or all the way up to someone in their 80s or 90s. If magicians and magic, the ever present struggle of good vs evil or a smidge of romance is your cup of tea, then Growing Disenchantments is for you.

Why the four stars instead of five?

While I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I felt that in its entirety, the story was a little too simple. The ultimate goals and emotional arcs are simple and easily identifiable from early on, this isn't a bad thing, especially since it adds to the enjoyment of the read, but I would have liked a little more uncertainty or unexpected twists in the plot.

**Note: I received an electronic version of this book in return for an honest review**