Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Tough Girl - Libby Heily I don't really know what to say about Tough Girl.

I kind of feel like I've just woken up from a very bizarre dream, the real and fantasy worlds of Reggie's blurred considerably. Sometimes it was obvious which was which, other times not so much and that became a little confusing.

The book had me second guessing my instincts about characters, plot and even the ending. It forced me to see things like Reggie, the craziness and the reality all mixed in together, and that made for a bit of a strange read. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, it's far too complex to reach everyone on a real level, but at the same time it's simplistic.

I'm probably just confusing you all, but that is how I feel right now.

The writing was simple and easy to read, there was some great imagery coupled with real-life teen issues (bullying and the like), but it was coupled with some incredible storytelling. The intricacies of the fantasy world was immense.

Initially it reminded me a little of [a:Tahlia Newland|5283573|Tahlia Newland|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1319160146p2/5283573.jpg]'s work with the bullying and the alternate realism that occurred, but it wasn't the same style as Tahlia's work. This was harsher and in some ways more real, but in others not.

A rather confusing review I think, but sadly, that's what you're going to get as that's how I'm feeling right after reading this one.

A couple of things I noticed:

57% - 'waived' shoud be 'waved'
70% - 'She could feels (feel) his eyes...'

Also, the PDF version provided for my kindle had some very funky formatting issues, which should not be present when purchasing the book.

**NOTE: I was provided an electronic version of this book in return for an honest review**