Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Fairy Tales for Freya - Georgina Anne Taylor Four deliciously poetic tales here by Georgina.

If you enjoy a good fairytale, you'll probably devour this way too short book. Each short story is beautifully written, sensually enticing and was pure bliss to read.

The sad part about this being a collection of short tales, is that the characters that Georgina so masterfully paints do not have time enough to worm their way into your heart and hold you hostage. I think Georgina's other, longer tale ([b:The Taint: Sorrow's Child|15718029|The Taint Sorrow's Child|Georgina Anne Taylor|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340434630s/15718029.jpg|18744832]) will be a truly gut-wrenching experience because it has time to get to you.

Woman of the Well was my favourite of the four stories. I liked the very creepy/sensual (yes, a strange combination I know!) ending. It was giving me goosebumps as I read it.

The Piper and Crystalline both were solid short stories on their own, but I didn't enjoy them as much as the Woman of the Well. To me they came across as a little bit too short, and a little less well-rounded. They were both still good, but benefitted from being teamed up with the other two stories.

Slipstream reminded me of a story/fable I'd read before, with a wicked twist. Georgina's poetic lilting prose really works well with the fairytale type stories.

Give this teasingly short tidbit a try and see if you too enjoy her writing.