Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
To Command and Collar - Cherise Sinclair What to say that hasn't already been said in the other reviews?!

Despite the brutality and sometimes a little unbelievable reactions of Kim ( the female lead) I would have to say this is my favourite book in the Masters of the Shadowlands books.

It is interesting, that given these books are meant for a bit of titillation, I did not really find that with this book. The kink was pretty full on. 24/7 slavery, whips and flogging in the extreme. Yes, there were some softer scenes, the fire scenes intrigued me, I think that could be a truly incredible sight to behold.

The thing that I enjoyed most about this book, was again, the backstory. The grittiness of the slavery syndicate, the truly ghastly men who formed it and entered into the kidnapping and slavery of intelligent, educated western women. It left a rather foul taste in my mouth, especially to think that this sort of thing can happen in real life.

Despite the fact that I said this is brutal, you don't really get any extremely explicit recreations of the slavery. There are some memories, some talking, slight glimpses really, but it might overwhelm someone who is sensitive to abuse towards women. If this is you, do not read this book.

I was glad to finally see Cherise step away from the same old, same old, and I long to see where she takes us in books 7 and 8. I would love to have a book written from a Domme's POV, or have one of the Doms be gay or something. Just to spice it up a little.

All in all, a rather interesting read.