Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Black Oil, Red Blood - Diane Castle Black Oil, Red Blood was a thoroughly engrossing read from start to finish! I highly recommend it!

It was quite a bit different from the latest reads I have been devouring, but it was a welcome change. A solid crime/legal thriller with rather complex and emotional characters, that make you fall in love with them (especially Nash - Ohh wow! *wipes brow and sighs*). Black Oil, Red Blood delved quite thoroughly into Big Oil and the petroleum world with all its complexity.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I understand much of that legalese that often pops up in crime/legal stories, but I grasped all the concepts that were woven so intricately into this story. Brilliant work by Diane Castle!

I loved Lucy (the tenacious little dog who loved Chloe - our female lead character), the use of Lucy in certain parts of the story was ingenious and made me smile.

Similarly I also really enjoyed Miles' character. What woman doesn't need a gay male friend?

Thanks for the thoroughly enjoyable, nail-biting-until-the-last-second, smirk-worthy, read that encompassed some of the most current world energy themes.

A couple of things I noticed:

remove
add

30% - 'Didn't every girl? Maybe we didn't all expect or even want happily everyever afters but secretly...'

58% - 'Dick backed away. "I'd love to," he said, "but my case load is about to get really busy,'

60% - 'The house was still surrounded with crime scene tape. Schaeffer Is this supposed to be Nash? tried the doorknob.'

NOTE: I receieved a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review