Lynxie

Coffee2words

Buried in Benidorm (Max Castillo Mystery, #1) - L.H. Thomson Buried in Benidorm is a relatively quick read. It isn't L. H. Thomson's best though.

The humor of Max Castillo felt forced and didn't even elicit a smirk. This is a shame after having read [b:The Antique Hunters|13482944|The Antique Hunters|L.H. Thomson|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1329186903s/13482944.jpg|19016835], which I found quite amusing and the humor much more appealing.

The mystery in this story caught me completely off guard. I had no idea who the killer was and until it was spelt out by Max I would never have guessed. I think that made it feel a touch unbelievable, or something, because I just didn't get how he managed to put it all together.

The other reviews about all the typos must have been based on an earlier version than the one I had, I did find some (below) but it wasn't excessive.

Overall, I liked the book, but wouldn't rave about it. Give it a go if you want to be neck deep in murder, mystery and gangsters!

Things I noticed:
6% - '...and she said (remove said) acknowledged...'

27% - '...or the jorgger (jogger)...'
27% - '...off the local pierl (pier)...'

32% - '...make Ortega fair fame (game)...'

38% - '...holding back shirts to display and (an) array...'

43% - '...I understand they have (gave) you some...'

49% - '...Avinguda d'Alacant (remove space after)'
49% - 'blue-and-gold dome ( why is this hyphenated?)

75% - '...his short game can (delete can) could use...'

81% - '...don't you think she (is this meant to be he?)

NOTE: I receieved a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review