Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Teed off! - Nicola Furlong This book took an age to read. The promise of a mystery whodunnit was all too alluring initially. I was chomping at the bit to read this. So the main characters worked at a golf course, there's a LPGA tournament happening in the book, yep, I could deal with that! Bring it on!

What I couldn't deal with was the ever present, and I mean EVER present golf theme running through this book. There was entirely too much golf, and not enough mystery.

The characters were likeable, but a little predictable. The seemingly never ending struggle between Riley (the main character) and her sister Halliday was waved in front of our faces like a red flag in front of a bull.

This book would have been half the size if the main focus wasn't on the golf game! Sell this book for what it is Nicola! A golfing book with a bit of a murder mystery!

A couple of things I noticed:

19% - '...don't mean (insert to) sound ungrateful...'

97% - '...peeled around the cormer (corner)...'

NOTE: I receieved a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review