Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
The Miracle Inspector - Helen  Smith The miracle inspector is unlike almost everything else I have read, and I have read a lot. I think this book would be suited to those who enjoy very intricate books, books that take a long time to develop and books that may not be action-packed.

The writing was good, sometimes a little dry and at others quite poetic, this truly shows the authors talent. To be able to encompass both ends of the spectrum in one book.

There were a lot of unanswered questions, which is ultimately the reason why I rated this as a 2 and not a 3. I wanted a little more from the story. The concept was eerily believable as other reviews have said, but what we didn't get was enough substance.

This book felt difficult to digest at times, which caused me to take breaks and read other books, to me that is usually a bad sign, but with this book I think it was more to do with the mental processing required to read it. It was kind of like going into an advanced calculus class... challenging and requiring a lot of thought.

The miracle inspector is not an 'easy' read and is most definitely not something to be entered into lightly. If you are up for the challenge, give it a go.

*Note: I was provided a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review*