Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Prince of Alasia - Annie Douglass Lima,  Jack Lin I have read a bit of YA work, some really good, some only OK and others pretty crappy. The funny thing is that each book is in its respective pile because of different things it did well or poorly.

Prince of Alasia, technically is a sound book, there is a strong storyline, interesting, believable characters and strong messages for YA readers. What it seemed to lack for me, was in depth of information. I wanted more description, more action, more witty dialogue...just more.

With the writing industry like it is, especially in the YA space, every aspect has to be perfect, The Prince of Alasia just doesn't quite get there.

Now, don't get me wrong! This is still a worthy book for others to read, the relationship between Jaymin and Erik was a fundamental point. It offers loads of experiences and exposure to a positive, adult conversation.

*Note: I was provided a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review*