Lynxie

Coffee2words

Shimmerspell (The Shimmer Trilogy, #1) - Kimberly Spencer Now normally I reserve the 'too-short' tag for a book that was sooo awesome I never wanted it to end. This time, however, it's more to do with the fact that as the reader you were blindsighted with so much information about the sidhe, faeries and other mythical creatures that you're not sure what the hell is going on.

I have read a bit about the fae, I recognised a number of names and titles thrown around in this book, but it still didn't help with the feeling of being drowned with all the information and with next to no time to work it all out.

The book is so short, but part of a series. I felt like I didn't know any of the characters, there was little depth to any of them and their reactions and emotional experiences meant nothing to me.

I'd love to see this rewritten with a lot more information but spread out a bit, a lot more character development and slowing the pace down a lot too.