Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
The Colour of Magic  - Terry Pratchett Welcome to the first installment of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. It may cause fits of head scratching, general feelings of unease, confusion or make you stare blankly into space. One dose may also cause a rather frustratingly urgent need to read more. Best taken in pairs, as it will leave you wanting a chaser.

At first, I was less than pleased. It is a lot to take in, with all the different words for things and the slightly odd way the characters talk. This probably continued until the second little story in this. That one just seemed to make everything click and it all started to make sense.

The humor is a little hit and miss. Sometimes it was amusing, but others not so much. I didn't enjoy it enough to put it on my smirk-worthy shelf.

By the end of the book, the sheer size of this world and the vast and illogical order to it started to make more sense and even had me guessing what would happen next.

Terry's writing style will not be for everyone, the humor neither, but if you do pick this book up, give it until the third part before you make up your mind, you may be surprised by your reaction.