Lynxie

Coffee2words

The Emerald Talisman (Talisman, #1) - Brenda Pandos The Emerald Talisman was a sweet book. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either.

I instantly loved the empath skew used in this book, but by the end of it, it was grating on my nerves. The convenience for Brenda Pandos to be able to fill plot holes by Julia being able to 'feel' someone was out there was a bit too much of a stretch for me. Add to this the fact that Julia is at times a great character and at others a complete idiot. She seemed to possess the mental capacity to be a 'Legendary Leading Lady' for my shelf, but lacked the ability to apply this when around Nicholas.

The big kick up the backside was random bits of information seemed to crop up without warning, no smoothing it into the backstory or anything, just BLAM here's some information! This bothered me a lot! It often ruined the flow of the writing and caused almost a slap in the face feeling.

These things aside, the young adult style romance and action of this book kept me reading until the end, it even kept me intrigued enough to want to read book 2, but probably after a bit of a break.

I would recommend this book as a light, fluffy vampire read for those who enjoy YA books, sweet romance and slight paranormal themes. It's a new world created by Brenda Pandos, and one I think quite a few people will enjoy.