Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
The List - J.A. Konrath This is the second of J.A Konrath's books I have read, it's another single book, not part of his more well known series, (I will get to them eventually though!) I actually stumbled across Konrath's books by accident and I have to say he's one of my favourite authors now; I started with Origin and followed up with The List! Awesome work J.A. Konrath! Awesome work!

The List was brilliantly psychotic and thrilling. The twists were unexpected, yet well thought up and written, they truly grasped the reader and thrust them into the story almost against the reader's will. On top of a killer storyline, this technothriller contained some of the most well constructed baddies I've come across in all my reading.

Konrath's blurb:
A billionaire Senator with money to burn...
A thirty year old science experiment, about to be revealed...
Seven people, marked for death, not for what they know, but for what they are...

Is the tag line that grasped my interest here, and I was not disappointed. Chicago Homicide cop, Tom Mankowski is the lead of this brilliantly twisted tale. He finds himself teamed up with a cast of other characters that were very realistic and interesting. I loved the humour, I loved the freakishness of the whole story and I especially loved Joan. Her character is one that I enjoyed immensely, her spunk and strong will really made me appreciate her role in this story. She was one of the characters that women can really appreciate and relate to, she didn't shy away; she stood up for herself and others. No shrinking violets in this story!

I spent a couple of nights staying up into the wee hours of the morning not being able to put this book down. It is a thoroughly enjoyable and exciting read. I highly recommend it for the crime/suspense/thriller readers out there. It does contain aspects of science fiction so if you like that too you'll probably enjoy this book as much as I did!