Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Cat's Creation (The Chronicles of Charlie Waterman #2) - Natasha Duncan-Drake Book #2 in Natasha's The Chronicles of Charlie Waterman series was a great addition to the series.

I was quite excited to read this one as I LOVED Cat's Call (Book #1) and where it left Charlie and the gang.

The first thing that bugged me was some of the events in book one were mentioned in passing at the beginning of book two, but it has been almost 12 months since reading book one and I struggled with remembering all the information about the events recalled. Either a little more information (rehashing of the old scenes) or a bit of a preamble summarising book 1 at the beginning would have cleared this up a lot.

I enjoyed the emotional and mental dialogue that Charlie experienced/expressed in this book a bit more than the last one too, I feel he's really starting to come into his own.

The reason this book only got 4 stars instead of 5 (like book 1) is primarily because there seemed to be a lot happening in this book that didn't fully fit into the story. The whole sub-story about the mentor threw me for six. I wasn't expecting that and I don't think it quite fit. That being said - I don't know what Natasha is planning for the rest of the story, but it seemed a bit odd to me.

Still a great book and worth reading!

A couple of things I noticed:

1% - '...who shook out her main (mane)...'
27% - '...between catwalk chic a nd (and) top...'
55% - '...the knife quick a (as) lightning.'
63% - '...ventilation duck (duct).'