Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Bloodmaiden - Christine E. Schulze Christine sent me a copy of her book in return for a review.

I didn't dislike this book, actually I quite liked the concept, what I had an issue with was the ever-present feeling that I was being rushed through the story.

This could be one of those epic fantasy novels that suck you in, chew you up for a few days and then spit you out leaving you feeling somewhat gutted that you are back in your real life. Sadly, Christine didn't quite get there.

The characters were solid, believable and easy to like. The fantasy elements were new and fresh (well at least they are to me). The imagery was very well done too, especially all the images of the dragons.

I did notice use of the same descriptions throughout that got a little annoying (e.g. Cerulean orbs, onyx this and that) the use of a thesaurus would have fixed that issue.

A couple of things I noticed:

Formatting on the kindle was a little off - each second or third paragraph was a larger font, which was a little distracting, but manageable.

72% - "Each of you shall be asked a riddle. If you are truly worthy to face the Sphynx, our riddles will prove mere trifles. If Is that fair enough?"