Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Drink of Me - Jacquelyn Frank I want to start off by saying that I really enjoyed this book...however, I did find the mix of stereotypically vampire and werewolf traits a little confusing initially, but once I got the ideas straight in my head I was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit.

I had to break my pre-conceived ideas about how a race of telepathic warriors could possibly encompass such strong characteristics from both Were and Vamp beings. As an avid sf/fantasy/paranormal reader I have formed some pretty strong theories on what works and what doesn't when it comes to vamps and Weres, however, I was pleasantly surprised at how Jacquelyn managed to mix the two. The pack mentality that is normally such a strong Were characteristic fit unbelievably well with the Sánge (the main race of the story), yet some of the other utterly vamp characteristics, like drinking blood especially during sex, poked through too... but somehow it works brilliantly!

The lead female - Mystique was a fantastic character!!! I loved her from the moment she was introduced to us and just fell more in love with her through out the book.

Thank you Jacquelyn! A deliciously interesting read!