Lynxie

Coffee2words

75 x 75 = Flash Fraction - Helena Mallett

Where to begin... At the start.

Not every piece in this book worked for me, but a lot did. I appreciate the incredibly subtle way one must say just enough, to convey the veiled and real meaning yet not give it away. All this too in just 75 words.

Two shorts struck me with such force I had to dwell on them, deconstruct them, bask in their glory, bathe in their brilliance and then reconstruct them again in my mind.

Dead Skin and Taut Trousers were simply mind blowing. I loved the fact that I initially thought one thing was happening, but within those 75 words, a completely different thing was. These were powerful writing at its best.

The style (75, 75 word flash or micro fiction stories) may not be for everyone. If you are keen to try this amazingly vast collection I recommend sitting down in a quiet spot, turn your phone off, lock the door and drown yourselves in this amazingly well written book.

Writing flash or micro fiction is certainly an art form, one that Helena is very good at. Job well done!