Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
A Thirty-Something Girl - L.M. Stull

A Thirty-something Girl is an emotionally packed/draining book.

With Hope, our main character starting out all doom and gloom, I can understand why people might start this but never finish it. It's a bit like a sad-bomb was let off in the opening chapters, and sadness and unbelievable hurt was strewn from the chandelier.

If you make it past this and continue on, you get some explanation, albeit a rather completely far fetched and too unbelievably complex reason. I felt that too much had 'gone wrong' for hope that it all became too unrealistic.

What I did like was how much her friends loved her, were there for her and offered support in various ways. The book was interspersed with a lot of very positive and inspirational words. It would be a good book to read if you were feeling a bit down (but you'd have to skip the first part).

I felt that the romance/ love interest in the story was too melodramatic, too rushed and while containing realistic reactions given their pasts, ultimately too 'fairytale'

There were some typos, but only a couple (mostly misuse of there/their/they're and similar).

The ending... Oh, the ending. I just don't know what to say about that. I simultaneously like it and hate it. It felt surreal, fragmented and yet sort of completely right too. I can't offer you much more than that I am afraid.