Lynxie

Coffee2words

Torn - Julia Sykes

Why must all the Doms be searingly hot and all subs be gorgeous women with body issues?

I enjoyed this series, although there were a hell of a lot of WTF moments. Not at the sexy stuff either, that I get, I even enjoyed the wicked twist of the different styles of Dom too, but my issues were to do with the reactions of the characters. I didn't understand the emotional yo-yoing that was happening. Not to mention the career issues that faced Shay and her decision to screw not one, but both her new bosses?! WTF?!

Add to this, the almost out of the blue changes seen in Jonathan, it was like a completely new character, that was being moulded to the story instead of having been designed before the story. Now, if the changes were intended all along, then the writing has let down the story here, the lack of background information and the general pace of the story do not allow for full characters.

This short series is NOT for newbies to the BDSM or erotic reading scene. It is full of some amazingly hot scenes, and some scenes that may be trigger points for people who do not handle abuse or rape of women. While in general, the scenes didn't go too over the top, they might bother some readers.

In short, I had issues with all the characters, the general pacing, the storyline and the unbelievability of the whole tale, that aside, if you would like a quick, hot BDSM read, give this series a try, it might be perfect for you if all you're after is a bit of fantasy titillation.

**Note: I was provided with an electronic copy of this book in return for an honest review**