Lynxie

Coffee2words

The Eleventh Question

The Eleventh Question - Dianne F. Gray I will admit, I wasn't really sure what to expect with this one. Now that I've finished the book, I'm still not 100% sure what it is I read.

You get to meet Arista the 15 year old girl who is mentioned in the blurb of the book. This part of the story is about self-discovery, dealing with emotional and physical attack, bullying and abuse. It does, despite this rather dark shadow, end up portraying a very positive story of overcoming fears, being more aware of your surroundings and seeing the positive in people.

You also get to meet Cayo the Seer's Ayudante or student who is training with the Seer. He is also on a journey of self-discovery, but rather than dealing with physical and mental abuse, he has to deal with otherworldly aspects like 'not mistaking reality for truth' and being able to 'see without his vision'. I liked his story probably more than Arista's, but only because I felt it was incomplete (which happily Dianne tells us at the end of the book there will be a continuance of this side of the story in a new book). Arista's story was more detailed.

Ultimately, it was thought-provoking, entertaining, interesting and surprisingly complex. There were, however, times when I felt I was reading two completely seperate stories, not two stories tied together. This is the primary reason the book didn't get 5 stars.

This was another great book from Dianne. Pick it up today!

A couple of things:

4% - last paragraph if chapter 1 is smaller font than the rest.

35% - '...looking down on the back (black) dog...'