Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring

Linked Through Time

Linked Through Time - Jessica Tornese With the blurb telling you pretty much what you'll work out about 10% in, this book does come across as a bit predictable. There were a lot of stereotypes scattered throughout, some that work and others that didn't quite sit right.

I much preferred Kate while she's in 1960, but then, that really is the whole point isn't it. I did often feel like I was being transported back to my grandparents era. The story took on similarities to tales they have told about their childhood, so it wasn't much of a stretch to see what Jessica was going for.

There were a couple of inconsistencies with character that worried me (Travis) I didn't get his reaction, I am guessing it was to do with grief, shock and self preservation, but I don't think the scene quite got there.

Ultimately, the reading was quick, there was enough action to keep me reading and despite picking the climax about 15% in, the nice little sting in the tail was a welcome addition.

A couple of things I noticed:

78% - rag doll sentence repeated twice.

81% - '...creeped-out al (all) in one.'