Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Wander Home - Karen A. Wyle After coming off the backs of two harder to read books, Wander Home was a welcome change and step back in the right direction of reading for enjoyment instead of agonising over the writing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the light hearted whimsical feel of this book. The stronger undercurrents were always present, but never seemed to take over the story which meant you could get lost in the unlimited possibilities created in Karen's version of the afterlife.

It was interesting, delving into all the relationships. I thought perhaps that it'd get a bit old by the end of the book, I mean, sometimes there's only so much you want to know about a person/character, but surprisingly Karen kept the evolution of the relationships going well, they were interesting, realistic and entertaining.

I liked Cassidy, even though I struggled to fully understand the implications of what happened and how that changed her, but being surrounded by loved ones showed that one can overcome even the harshest of realities and come out of it a better, more grounded person.

The story explored aspects of death that may put some readers offside from the get go. If you don't have strong beliefs about heaven and hell, or the afterlife then this book is for you. If you do have strong beliefs about the afterlife and spirituality and religion, you may still find this book enlightening. With the focus firmly in the positive, this is a truly uplifting read.

Karen made the plot twist and turn and the result was that I could not guess what was going to happen as I was reading. I got glimpses, but never the full picture, and I think that takes a good writer to keep certain things from the reader without losing their interest.

The one thing that bothered me about the book was the constant changes in names of the characters. I fully get that people have nicknames and pet names, but when Cassidy is referred to as Cassidy in one line and then Cassie in the next it gets a little fractious. The same goes for Eleanor and Nory (personally I preferred Nory), and the parents/grandparents. That could be a little confusing for some readers.

I'm not 100% sold on the cover, even though I can see how it ties in with the story, it seems a bit 'stock' to me and given the book was so enjoyable I think it should have a fitting cover.

Thanks for a really enjoyable read Karen.