Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Deadly Motive - D.S. Butler Deadly motive is a fast-paced and twisting crime thriller. The Mystery is thoroughly thought out and is not obvious. This takes a brilliant writer to produce this level of suspense without letting the cat out of the bag in advance.

I liked the characters, DS Mackinnon (Jack) and DC Brown (Charlotte) were realistic and believable. They had their flaws and they worked with them, instead of being Hollywood-ised. This was a nice change. The down side to this was that I wanted to know more about their personal lives. You were provided with some aspects of their lives outside of work, but I felt it was too restricted. I wanted to know more. I did, however, love the involvement of Charlotte's Nan, that is a soft spot for me at the moment and it made my connection to Charlotte that much stronger.

There were some unanswered questions in this book, but not to do with the main plot, more to do with the personal aspects we were introduced to. This annoyed me more than anything else, because I wanted to know how things worked out for them.

Now, I understand that some of these questions I have may be answered in the recently released [b:Deadly Obsession|16107366|Deadly Obsession (DS Mackinnon series prequel)|D.S. Butler|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351100679s/16107366.jpg|21920241], but I haven't read that, even though in chronological order I should have. Oh well... That will be the next of Butler's books I read for sure!

The science aspect of the story was well researched and was interesting. It felt relevant to the story, without going overboard and into too much nerd-speak. This also, is hard to do, and I think Butler did it well.

If you're looking for a punchy crime book to read, give Deadly Motive a try, you might be surprised how much you enjoy it!

*Note: I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review*