Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring
Stasis - Kim Fielding Considering this was written in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), which I didn't know when I picked it up to read, I was more than surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I didn't think that something of this magnitude could be completely created in one month... absolutely brilliant Kim!

With an interesting twist on Magic and Wizards, crossed with a semi-modern world that is infused with strict laws and rather harsh punishments, Stasis captured my imagination and thrust it deeply into the emotional turmoil that is Ennek's life.

I felt drawn to Ennek and his plight through Stasis and wanted to scream in frustration, cry out his sorrows and rejoice in his happiness along with him.

The somewhat constant, yet, subdued theme of gay romance was very tastefully done. The tenderness, caring and passion that Kim created between the male characters' of Stasis and the budding romance that was the result is something truly to be marvelled at.

I'm off to purchase and read the sequel Flux.