Lynxie

Coffee2words

What Tomorrow May Bring

Dangerous Desire ~ dangerously delicious

Dangerous Desire - Annie Seaton

Annie Seaton's Dangerous Desire is a great mix of suspense, excitement and barely contained lust.

Gracie, a small country town kindergarten teacher makes her way to the QLD coastline to search for her missing sister when she stumbles upon Jake, ex-cop who now does surveillance for an insurance company. The two make bit of a cliche coupling, the sweet, naive and innocent Gracie and hardened, rough, and wounded Jake.

The story unfolded at a slow and methodical pace, which was good because it allowed the reader to get to know Gracie and Jake outside of their stereotypical roles. The realistic elements of their 'relationship' added further dimension to them as characters and even though the constant bickering got a little annoying, I could believe it between the two of them.

The sexy stuff was more sweet than explicit, so it would suit most romance readers without ruffling feathers.

The criminal element to this story was well thought out and rather intricately written. I liked the gradual exploration and the peaks and troughs of the excitement. It felt realistic.

My main complaint would be about the ending, it felt rushed and while I didn't 'hate' it, I felt that it was too perfect. I would have liked it to be a little less polished and more explaination around the ending - before the epilogue.

Pick up Dangerous Desire now if you'd like a nice Aussie romance.

A few things I noticed:

8% - '"Or you (delete you) were you looking for me?'

9% - '...but if (if) you want to play I'm happy...'

38% - '...until he (she) pushed herself to the surface...'

88% - 'He should have been (delete been) made her listen...'